REPRESENTING THE ELECTRICITY RESELLERS OF SOUTH AFRICA
WHO ARE WE?
We are an association of Electricity, Water and Gas Resellers, serving the needs of large multi-tenant properties.
WHAT DO WE DO?
ERASA is a formal communication, lobby and advocacy network for Utility Services Resellers.
The concept of reselling electricity in South Africa has been around for many years. A number of our members have been in existence for 20 years or more. If we take into consideration bulk supplies of electricity to Body Corporates, landlords and other large commercial buildings it goes back even further.
The bulk supply point platform was created by City Councils needing to lessen their administrative and cost burden due to the greater prevalence of high density urban developments. Reselling started as a need by property owners, landlords and Body Corporates to have a metering service to individual consumers beyond a bulk supply point.
OBJECTIVES OF THE ASSOCIATION:
- To be, to operate and to function as a governing body of Electricity Resellers within the area of its jurisdiction.
- To promote, foster and create a credible Association within the area of jurisdiction.
- To promote the interests of the members of the Association
- To uphold and enforce any code of conduct pertaining to the members of the Association approved by the members of the Association and/or any legislation (Act, Regulation, Standard) applicable to the members of the Association.
- To establish and maintain relationships with other Associations and/or Legislators within the energy sector of South Africa and to co-operate with them on a national, provincial or regional level.
- To raise funds for the Association's purposes whether by subscription, levies or otherwise.
- To administer and manage a system for the registration of all members.
Phone Number: (011) 061 5000
GPS: S 26º 05' 21.0" E 28º 01' 24"
Hurlingham Office Park
Block A, Suite 10
59 Woodlands Ave (off Republic)